Thursday, February 23, 2012

Do you believe this will be Your Best Year Ever?


Do you believe you can make this your best year ever?  You know what some wise person (can’t remember who it was) said once “What you believe, you can achieve”!
I haven’t made any New Year’s Resolutions this year.  Instead, I’ve written down very detailed goals and all the actions I should take to achieve those goals.   Brian Tracy recommends this as an easy way to write down your goals:
“Imagine it’s December 2012 and you’re reflecting back on all the wonderful things you’ve achieved throughout the year. Then, start with ’2012 has been the best year of my life because…….’ “
By starting off like that, I found it really easy to write down a story that incorporated my goals. Then, I broke it all down into separate goals, including  health, business, financial, and relationships.   I put a time commitment on each of the goals.
Next, I wrote down all the actions required to achieve those goals.   For my business, there are a lot of actions, so I’ve broken them up into:
  • Daily Actions
  • Weekly Actions
  • Monthly Actions
  • One Off Actions
I typed all the actions into a spreadsheet, with the above actions  as column headings.  In addition, I have the following column headings:
  • Time Required
  • Outsource
  • Urgent
  • High Income
  • High Impact
Now that all these actions are in a spreadsheet, and I’ve put a tick in the appropriate column, I can sort them all.    I’ve sorted by  Daily, Weekly, Monthly and One off, then printed out each one as a separate list.
It’s really easy for me now, because each day I know exactly what I’m going to do, and I only spend the time allotted.  This way, I’m not going to  muck around procrastinating and waste my time (like I have in the past).    Each weekly  action has been allocated to a specific day,  and I’ll choose from a monthly and one off task each day/week.
I don’t know about you, but I feel so much better when I’m organized like this, and it makes my goals  believable to me!   One of my biggest reasons for procrastinating, is overwhelm.  In the past, I’ve often looked at my long lists of actions, and instead of choosing the “highest income” or “highest impact”, I would just do things which passed the day very quickly.
So, that’s how I’ve started off my New Year, and how I plan to achieve ALL  goals for this year, by the end of  2012.    Please share with all of us, what you’re doing to achieve your goals this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment